Camilla shares five pieces of advice for getting your blog noticed
To follow up Ali’s story on bringing a winglady to events, that’s exactly what I did last week. Actually, this girl has become my favourite go-to-events-and-other-things with. Anyways, we went to a meetup held by the Social Media London group, this time starring the blogger Marko Saric (from Denmark actually!!) who’s running one of the world’s 50 best blogs called How To Make My Blog.
I thought I’d just share a bit of his wisdom with you guys, since successful entrepreneurship is often about being noticed, and well… a good blog can be a helping hand in that matter.
1. Show personality in everything you do. Be personal. To be honest, I think that can be difficult sometimes, but as Marko pointed out in a very subtle manner – people want to read about other people that they either hate or love. Give the people something to love (or hate… we can’t please everyone)
2. Don’t be afraid to provide contact details and show pictures of yourself. It makes you seem a lot more credible and relatable.
3. Promote your blog! According to Marko you should spend as much time promoting your blog as you do creating content. Twitter is a great platform – tweet people if you’ve written about them or perhaps something you think they’d like. In fact, I’ll probably tweet Marko Saric about this post! (who knows, he might re-tweet it!)
4. Don’t spend your time on SEO, because…
5. Content is EVERYTHING. It was repeatedly pointed out. If you have great content, content that catches people, people will return. They will recommend your blog to others. They will share your content. They will love your blog – and so will Google.